Founded in 1883 by the Judd Family in Holyoke, Massachusetts, the company originally sold industrial supplies to the paper, textile and machining factories situated along the canals.
Judd Paper was sold in the mid 1900’s and was guided into selling specialty fine printing papers. At the time Judd also converted office papers, such as ledgers and file folders.
The sales force was located throughout New England and central New York.
In the 1970’s, as market conditions changed, Judd’s focus switched to industrial packaging; Softwrap Tissue and Amcraft Optical Envelopes were born, as well as acquiring it’s Savedge line and distributing Molded Pulp Recycled Material.
At this time the company expanded into the Midwest, Canada, Atlantic States and overseas.